Christian,
Last week a new Bug Reporting policy was announced:

http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx/browse_thread/thread/122034ab50b95685?hl=en-GB#
It was in response to there being  too many anonymous bug reports
that  were incomplete/inconclusive and impossible to follow-up.

I don't know for certain ... but I would guess that submitting a patch
falls within the scope of the new policy.

all the best

George