On Mon 19-Oct-2009 at 02:06 -0700, Terry Duell wrote:

>The only info I could find on calibrate_lens was the man page which I
>found tended to be a bit inscrutable. It might be helpful to someone
>who knows all about it, but I suspect isn't very helpful to someone
>who doesn't. I gave it 4 images, each of which had two reasonably well
>defined straight lines (images shot at different angles of a pair of
>weighted strings hanging against a brick wall). I'm really not sure
>what it found, or if more has to be done with the resulting files. I
>feel that this tool really needs more work to describe it's usage.

My understanding is that calibrate_lens produces output in a new
non-polynomial lens calibration system.  It shouldn't be too
difficult to convert to Hugin/Panotools a,b,c format, but this
hasn't been done yet.

So the status of calibrate_lens is that it works, but is at the
stage where it hasn't been decided how or where to integrate it into
a photography workflow.

--
Bruno