On Tue 13-Oct-2009 at 06:48 -0700, Bart van Andel wrote:

>I've had another idea in my mind for some time now. It may sound a
>little too fancy or even surreal, but I guess this shouldn't stop me
>from writing it down here.
>
>Imagine a single OpenGL window where everything goes:
>* You can drop your images there, and use the mouse to put them into
>their approximate locations ("layout branch") or just run a control
>point finder to do this for you.

We almost have this, though at the moment you can only drag-and-drop
photos onto the Hugin main window and not the Preview window (a
bug).

Also, added photos inherit the same position as the first photo in
the project, so they are always hidden in the Preview initially - A
fixed drag-and-drop would use the mouse location to place the photo.

>* Images can be clicked, which makes them show up full screen, so
>cropping/masking can be edited.

This is an extension to the Identify tool that has been discussed
before: currently clicking on an overlap opens two images in the
Control Points tab, clicking on a single image should open that
image in the Images tab.

>* Another view (preferably selectable through a keyboard shortcut)
>would be showing the images and their connections on an approximately
>flat surface. This way, it can easily be determined whether there are
>images connected by control points which shouldn't be connected.
>Deleting the connection deletes all connecting control points. Adding
>a connection opens up yet another view, where control points can be
>added either manually or by using a control point finder. Clicking
>such a connection also opens this view.

This is a near description of the 'layout mode' in the
gsoc2009_layout branch.

--
Bruno