Bart van Andel wrote:
> When this is done internally (e.g., as an intermediate kind of file),
> I don't see a problem. Hugin could just blend the images into an eqr
> and then remap later.
>
> However I think the end user should be bothered with as little steps
> as possible to get the desired output.
I support this. Usually I need only one projection in the end and I
believe I can choose it quite well in the fast preview. Only cropping
more precisely is done later with other tools. As long as I don't see
anything of this intermediate step and it doesn't take too much
additional time it is OK. (Of course, when I want different projections
from one panorama I find it stupid to repeat remapping.)

> By the way, if cylindrical projection is the desired output, isn't
> there a risk of compressing the zenit and nadir too much when using
> eqr as an intermediate format? Just curious, [...]
Me too, that's what I fear as well. Isn't it a particular strength of PT
to calculate *one* operation that has to be done to each pixel out of
all the different deformations and transformations so there are no
subsequent steps that might deteriorate quality?

regards
Joachim