2009/10/25 Nicolas Pelletier <nicolas.pellet...@gmail.com>

> I don't know exactly the difference, but would expect that it is related to
> the way the output is done.
>
> This being said, here is what is configured in the latest builds for what
> you mentioned
>
> Panomatic: autopano-sift
> match n shift: autopano-sift
> align image stack: autopano-sift

   autopano-sift-c: autopano-sift

> hope this helps

Nicolas is right.
To explain my probable cryptic addition. The original and still existing
autopano-sift is a mono (.net in windows) "executable" which was a
cross-platform "semi-compiled" program. autopano-sift-c is a complete
C/C++-remake of the relatively slow autopano-sift.

> On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 3:37 AM, Andreas Metzler <
> ametz...@downhill.at.eu.org> wrote:
>

>> [Edit] allows to customize to specific program invokations. That is
>> were the magic switch is: What does the "Autopano-SIFT / Autopano by A
>> Jenny" choice do? How should it be set for the non-obvious choices
>> (panoramic, match-n-shift, align image stack)?

And next to that: the mentioned autopano is a (by now) somewhat older
program and only available for/on windows. You can use it on on Linux and
OSX if your run a windows version of hugin and autopano via wine.
It has already been suggested several times to remove the option from hugin
to reduce confusion, but there is still a number of devoted windows users
that use autopano.

A better suggestion might be to make it a "conditional compilation" step
like: If Windows { display autopano as option} else {don't display}
This shouldn't be too difficult for a programmer.

Harry