Bruno Postle wrote:
> The default image cache size is very small (75 MB I think), 17 five
> megapixel photos will result in churn with images being reloaded.
>
> Hmm the wiki says it is 200MB.  Either value is too low for any
> modern system, this number should be revisited.

it seems that the default value is a fixed constant in a header file.
Easy to change, but to which value? IIRC there are occasional reports of
crashes because of an excessively high value. Is there a C / C++
function to determine how much memory is available? how about making it
a % of this? how would this account for swap memory on Linux?

> The straighten function doesn't use control points, which is why the
> vertical points were ignored - It should probably do something
> different (or even nothing at all) when there are vertical or
> horizontal control points.

does anybody find that function useful? I never use it.

Yuv