Bruno Postle píše v Út 15. 09. 2009 v 23:09 +0100:
> On Tue 15-Sep-2009 at 06:20 -0700, rok senk wrote:
> >
> >Delete key worked before hugin 7.0 for me, but not since.
>
> Same here, the Delete key hasn't worked in the Control Points tab
> for a long time.

Since it is really a bit annoying, I tried to debug the code and found
two things: (1) any keyboard press is ignored in CP Editor Panel and (2)
"Del" key is made available only for MS Windows.

Ad 1.
When mouse-clicked in Control Point Editor Panel (the list of control
points below the left and right image in CP tab), no shortcut actually
works. It does not matter if some control point pair is selected or not.

E.g. on pressing "f" key, no fine-tuning takes place, the debugger shows
only:

TRACE 17:32:48.614777
(/home/modeluser/src/hugin/src/hugin1/hugin/CPEditorPanel.cpp:1931)
OnKeyUp(): key:70

When moving mouse outside the CP editor panel, say over the left or
right image and pressing "h" key, the debugger shows both down and up
keys (I have chosen the non-existing shortcut to have a shorter output
of the debugger):

TRACE 17:34:27.413057
(/home/modeluser/src/hugin/src/hugin1/hugin/CPImageCtrl.cpp:1379)
OnMouseEnter(): MOUSE Enter, setting focus
TRACE 17:34:27.418962
(/home/modeluser/src/hugin/src/hugin1/hugin/CPImageCtrl.cpp:1137)
update(): edit state:1
TRACE 17:34:29.178220
(/home/modeluser/src/hugin/src/hugin1/hugin/CPImageCtrl.cpp:1333)
OnKeyDown(): key:72
TRACE 17:34:29.179143
(/home/modeluser/src/hugin/src/hugin1/hugin/CPImageCtrl.cpp:1229)
OnKey():  OnKey, key:104
TRACE 17:34:29.316542
(/home/modeluser/src/hugin/src/hugin1/hugin/CPEditorPanel.cpp:1931)
OnKeyUp(): key:72

This looks like a bug, since the user may want to delete or fine tune
control points manually selected in the CP Editor Panel.

Ad 2.
The code of src/hugin1/hugin/CPImageCtrl.cpp shows:
1303             case WXK_DOWN:
1304 #ifdef __WXMSW__
1305             case WXK_DELETE:
1306 #endif
1307                forward = true;

Getting rid of the #ifdef and #endif lines seems to solve the problem
with ignored DEL key. At least on Ubuntu 9.10.

I believe there was a reason why the WXK_DELETE key code was defined
only for WXMSW, the question is whether the reason is still valid now or
not.

Regards,

Milan Knizek
knizek (dot) confy (at) volny (dot) cz