Ok, so perhaps I've found a Hugin bug. The EV's I posted earlier were
auto calculated by Hugin when I added my JPEGs to the project.  I just
selected them all now and did a reset in the camera tab (selecting
only to reset the EXIF values), and now they are all properly
(consistently) calculated.  When I get some free time, I'll see if I
can reproduce it.

My calculations now all match Hugin's with two exceptions:
  1.)  Hugin is definitely not making any corrections for ISO Speed.
  2.)  Hugin is using (or assuming) more accurate values for the
Shutter Speed.  Where EXIFTOOL rounds 0.3s, Hugin is using 1/3s.

Oh, and I did find where EXIF is calculating LV which it refers to as
EV with ISO Speed accounted for (see #1 above).  But it is pretty
imprecise as it seems to use rounded values for shutter speed (one
decimal place) and then rounds the final value too (one decimal
place).  Hugin's is much more accurate.

So my only questions are:
  * Is Hugin somehow getting EXIFTOOL to output more precise values
(like 0.333333s vs 0.3) or is Hugin just making its own assumptions?
  * Should Hugin be calculating EV taking ISO speed into account?

-Chris