I've just been successful in building on Win XP with VS 2005, and
started playing with panomatic_nopatent :). With the default settings
from the readme, on a 2 row, 360 panorama, I'm finding a number of
false matches. I'd like to provide helpful input, or other help,
however I can.

I'm particularly interested in the case of pictures taken on a
panoramic head, so they are known to be spaced on a phi/elevation
grid.

What kinds of cases is this algorithm suited for? What would give it
problems? My problem panorama has varying white balance and exposure,
for example. I think you mentioned some research papers about the
algorithm - can you point me to them?

Thanks,
Aron