> I never used lensfun but it sound horrifying.

Let's just say I dislike lensfun's API, which is the reason for the
start of Photoropter.

> According to Four Thirds – I saw images after doing lens correction in
> bundled software and it looked awful because it only stretched some
> parts of image. IMO something more robust is welcomed.

The problem with Four Thirds is mainly aspect ratios. For example,
Olympus's models use 4:3, Panasonic's are multi-aspect (4:3, 3:2,
16:9). 3:2 on a Panasonic GH1 has crop factor 2.0, but if you crop to
3:2 on a Olympus model then the crop factor changes from 2.00 to
2.08...

The PTLens normalised coordinate system does not deal with this, and
just applying correctional parameters from e.g. a Nikon and compensate
for crop factor 1.5->2.0 is _not_ sufficient. lensfun cannot deal with
this, as it has no API for it. Photoropter however _can_, provided you
tell it the 'parameter aspect' as well as the crop factor.

> I really like you idea. I already took a glance at your photoropter
> library and it looks really simple to use. If it is accompanied with a
> good lens library and nice tools to update library it will be awesome.

Let's see how far I get. I have quite a few ideas on the database
structure, I will try to write them down in Photoropter's technical/
background documentation for the next release. I will probably also
write some documentation on the PTLens file format.

Regards,
Robert