On 7 April 2010 06:16, Yuval Levy <goo...@levy.ch> wrote:
> On April 5, 2010 07:06:18 am Flo wrote:
>> http://wiki.panotools.org/GSOC_2010_Makefile_Lib_Proposal

> nice proposal. from my perspective I'd prioritize "Automatic detection of
> panoramas" before "Extend PTBatcherGUI to queue Makefiles".

When the batch processor was written I was in favour of it being a GUI
for queuing Makefiles rather than .pto projects. A more generic tool
would have had some life outside Hugin and it would have been easy to
choose from multiple targets in the Makefile - The .pto.mk file
contains rules for all possible output (exposure fusion, HDR etc...)
we could add QTVR, philospheres or whatever.

Though we still don't need to switch to this design in order to add
batch processing of panorama alignment - This can start with a .pto
file too, the only difference from stitching is the end result would
be an aligned .pto file rather than a TIFF panorama.

However Thomas understands PTBatcherGUI internals better than I do, so
I can't be 100% sure about this.

The process of identifying multiple panoramas from EXIF data and
writing unaligned (pointless) .pto projects for them is essentially
instantaneous and doesn't need to be batch processed (see panostart in
Panotools::Script for a prototype way of doing this).

--
Bruno