I'm sitting at my in-laws, waiting for the truck to move our
belongings to our new home next week. Have a few spare hours and my
laptop, so I continued the investigations of the details for the
repository conversion from SVN to Mercurial.

For the conversion I need to map SVN users to email addresses. Will
use the SF email addresses associated with the SVN (unix) user names.

To extract the user names of all contributors in a given SVN
repository, I use the following commands:

svn log > changelog.txt
svn -q log | grep ^r | cut -d'|' -f 2 | sort | uniq

it returns the following list:

acmihal

ade_br

ajenny

allardkatan
 anoncvs_folder-
publish

bavanandel

beku

blimbo

brunopostle

btownshend

cnidarian

dangelo

dmg

dwilkins42

eduperez
 erik_krause
 fmannan
 gkohlmeyer
 gpatters1
 harryvanderwolf
 ippei
 jdtsmith
 jhelmine
 jing1986612
 jlegg
 j-schneid
 kornelbenko
 michausm
 mkuder
 (no author)
 north-pole
 onurcc
 pcrowley5286
 pooh22
 prokoudine
 sebpz
 shahid_du
 skipgaede
 speare
 specu
 stativ
 stereo_sl
 tksharpless
 tmodes
 vatoz
 yuv

two names stand out:
   (no author)
   anoncvs_folder-publish

I investigated the specific commits.

cat changelog.txt | grep "(no author)"
cat changelog.txt | grep "anoncvs_folder-publish"

There are slightly more than 40 commits from "(no author"). They seem
to be made by cvs2svn when initializing repositories, tagging,
branching. We can probably safely ignore them, although I am slightly
worried about r1897 and r1898 who seems to be out of the time
sequence.

anoncvs_folder-publish made a small but "real" change, at r420:

svn log -r 420 -v
r420 | anoncvs_folder-publish | 2003-11-18 21:31:31 -0500 (Tue, 18 Nov
2003) | 2 lines
Changed paths:
   M /hugin/trunk/src/hugin/MainFrame.cpp
   M /hugin/trunk/src/hugin/PreviewFrame.cpp

- use the icon.png everywhere, instead of redundant identical icon.xpm

usually, putting any of the above SVN user names in a URL like

http://sourceforge.net/users/<USER_NAME>

will point to the SF user. Not for anoncvs_folder-publish

so if we'll go back that far in history, we'll have to assign the
commit to somebody, but to whom?

>From the list of user names I will make a lookup table for the SVN to
Hg conversion. Mercurial assigns changesets to email addresses, so my
lookup file will be a list of entries like:

svnuser = name <em...@domain>

my intention is to do it automatically, i.e.:

svnuser = svnuser <svnu...@users.sourceforge.net>

however, if a contributor prefers something different here, append
your wish to this thread and I will use it in the actual conversion
process.

Yuv
Yuv (still studying