I finally found out that the Vista Drivers of Ati were working under Windows 7 even if ATI is claiming that it is not supported by them.

Updating gave my ATI X300 an OpenGL level of 2.1 - and the OpenGL Extension Viewer test runed fine (previously it gave an exception error).

And *now Fast Preview is working fine* !

But the fit and center buttons (as well as the calculate field of view and Optimal Size are giving very strange results.

The initial field of view is 144 * 61.4
The width is 3345 * 1580

After calculate field of view they become 360 * 179 and 3345 * 122008 !
which appears in the preview almost as a thin vertical line.

- graphic card ATI X300 - *now* OpenGL 2.1