I've used Hugin to make some equirectangular 360x180 panorama from
within some videogames (most racing and flight simulators, my
favourite kind of videogames). Just would like to share them if you
are interested: http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=panogame&w=39174608%40N04

>From a technical point of view, I noticed that autopano-sift-C had a
lot of problem getting the control points right so I ended up by
identifying them manually most of the time. For other tasks Hugin
worked well and also enblend did a good job on blending the different
exposures. For all panos I never did an exposure optimization because
when I tried I've also got very strange color: I think this is due to
lack of exif information and to the nature of images (captured
screenshoots).

Regards
Cristian