Thanks, Carl.

On September 24, 2010 01:46:08 am Carl von Einem wrote:
> Eric is right, it's about the dynamic range of negatives vs. positive

You taught me sonething.  I always thought they had the same
characteristics...

> To put it the other way round: is there a reason why you would prefer
> slide film over negs if we put away all digital cameras for a moment?

... and that the difference was made by the output "medium" (paper vs. light).

My reason to prefer slides over negatives for my silver-based photography back
in the time was the size and vibrance of a projection compared with the small
size, environmental impact, and relatively less vibrant sight of a printed
negative.  Nothing to do with stitching.  A lot to do with available wall
space.  And with money too - I'd be bankrupt had I printed my selected slide
show on Ilfochrome.

I first came to slides when I got introduced to underwater photography.  Then
I used one roll of slides on land and was immediately sold.

Yuv