Hi Henk,

On September 24, 2010 04:55:22 am Henk Tijdink wrote:
> > I am not sure I understand this statement.  Is there an issue with files
> > saved from canon zoom browser when they are loaded into Hugin?
>
> Yes there is an issue with olympus jpegs processed in the Canon zoom
> browser.
> When checking the EXIF after processing the focal length isn't in it.

oh - I suspect that Canon Zoom Broser is completely oblivious to EXIF
"variations" other than Canon's own (which in this area happens to be more
standard conforming than Olympus).  Hugin was oblivious this way too until I
took it up as an exercise and fixed it (easy).  Although I am not sure about
asking Canon to apply the same easy fix.  They will probably prefer you
replace your Olympus camera with a Canon camera...

> Perhaps in the future a possibility that the user feeds his own camera
> and multiplying value for them in Hugin?

that's what the lens' INI files are for.  If I understand your well detailed
account of how you used PTAssembler and would like to use Hugin, you would
like an option to skip the manuall loading of the lens file.

There might different ways to save you the time of loading a lens file, but
all I can think of will be based on assumptions that you, the user, have to
validate (which is what you did when you modified the hard-coded values in
PTAssembler's text file.

It would be relatively easy to produce a hack that *blindly* overrides the
multiplier (which is the only value you want to change if I understand
correctly) from the preferences.

A slightly more difficult one would be to provide multiple multipliers for a
few manually entered cameras based on the EXIF model tag.  Is this what you
originally asked for?  As long as it is not expected for the "database" to be
provided with Hugin, but manually and deliberately entered by an *advanced*
user, I think this is feasible.

The best solution would be, of course, for camera manufacturers to comply with
the same standard.  Try talking with Olympus...

Yuv