Of course it would be great to be able to zoom and adjust seams
directly in a readily adjusted panorama, but that would be rather hard
to implement. My idea with a split window is that it is easy to
implement and brings a lot of value when working with precision-placed
masks.

In the more distant future though I too would like to see a work flow
when you can bring back the rendered panorama into the GUI and do
further precision adjustments of seams and masks. However, that would
probably be a lot of implementation work...