Hi Guerrero,

On Oct 29, 10:36 pm, paisajesenvenezuela <guerrerodelu...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> AFFIN SIFT ALGORITH FOR HUGIN
>
> Click onhttp://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx/web/affine-sift-algorith
> - or copy & paste it into your browser's address bar if that doesn't
> work.

It is a fact that SIFT does not find as many matches as we would like
in wide angle and especially fisheye images.  But that problem will
not be solved by better matching of affine transformations, as it is
due to image deformations, characteristic of those lenses, that are
not affine transformations.  The best hope, in my opinion, is to use
accurate lens calibrations to correct images to stereographic
projection before applying SIFT.  That approach has shown some promise
in autopano-sift-c (version APSCpp) however it still needs to be
proven with well-calibrated lenses.

-- Tom