On 31.10.2010 22:20, Eric O'Brien wrote:

For me, the assumption that "pictures that are next to each other in
the shooting sequence are also next to each other in the panorama."
will be incorrect.

Same for me.

A rough selection into "nadir / horizon / zenith" should cover 95% (if not more) cases.

On the other hand, if I (we) are shooting a sequence that is standard
for us, it seems that using a Template would work.  Apply the template
would distribute the images in close to the correct locations on the
sphere.  Then the trick would be to get the control point generators
to generate points only between adjacent images.

Good suggestion.

I would accept such templates too, but this leads to the question "how to input the sequence?" into the template.

I'm currently writing a wrapper around my ASIFT wrapper which asks for the number of the Nadir/Horizon/Zenith shots - just to build its own queue.

And after reading Yuval Levy, its time for me to move my daily routine of work into external scripts.

Next, it would be nice to specify a series of optimization runs (that
preferably could be run automatically).  For example, first a series
of runs on the horizon row, then a series on the zenith using also the
horizon row's control points but *not* optimizing the horizon row this
time.  Then a similar run for the nadir images.  And now that things
are very close, maybe optimize the whole bunch again.

Yes, I'm missing this too.

On the other hand its difficult to put all this requirements under one hat (or GUI).

keyrecorder, macrorecorder, scripting... hm...

Bernd