On 6 Feb., 11:11, dmg <d...@uvic.ca> wrote:

> I agree. This is basically the current grammar we have. I think all we
> need (when I see is all the tools) is to:
>
> * consider the first string (before the fist whitespace) to be the
> line identifier.
>
> Ignore any other line.

That's how I did it. In a beginning-of-line context accept all
conventional line-headers plus the 'meaningful comment' type as legal
line-type tokens. This seems to be the least painful route. Luckily
line beginnings like '# hugin' don't seem to contain meaning but only
serve as comments. The only slightly annoying part is that these
additional line types have a slightly different syntax, insofar as
some use <key>=<value> syntax, like

#-hugin  cropFactor=1

and others merely give a field value without a field header like

#hugin_optimizeReferenceImage 0

so there are different parsing rules needed for the additional types.

Kay