Hi group!

I'm currently working on a script that relies heavily on masking. The script
generates the masks to arbitrary precision. Most of the time I was using
spacings of about 100 pixels for the masks, and all was well. Today, while
testing, I generated much more precise masks. I set the spacing to one pixel,
and this threw a spanner in the works when I tried to process the data with
nona. I didn't wait for the process to terminate and tried with 10 pixel
stride. This increased processing time by roughly 200%!

So I made the test and made a single-image pto and put a 125-point mask on the
image manually, just to be sure it wasn't some strange effect of my script. It
took nona over 11 seconds to render the image. when I removed the mask, it only
took 4.4 seconds. This was with a 12MP 16bit TIFF in stereographic projection,
on Pre-Release 2010.5.0.a11acbf8be1d. I wonder if anyone else has noticed this?
Has it been like this all along? Maybe I'm the only one using masks with more
than a couple of dozen points?

I've attached the .msk file which I used to slow down nona.

Kay