On Fri 29-Apr-2011 at 16:34 +0200, Wirz wrote:

I take photos of graffities a lot: [1]

Is there any way to make sure the x-y-ratio of the object and the photo
are the same?  I have the impression that it differs a little although
my photos match perfectly.  If I understand the mosaic mode correctly
this is to be expected -- the single photos do still match if they are
all compressed or stretched by the same amount.  The only way to get the
correct result would be to take one photo in a direction rectangular to
wall and set {X, Y, Z}=0 for this photo.  Do I understand this correctly?

My experience is that it doesn't matter, Hugin reprojects the photos onto an imaginary plane and the proportions of this plane are 'correct'. i.e. Both of these were taken with the camera pointing at an angle to the surface for every shot, but they look right to me: http://www.flickr.com/photos/36383814@N00/5454266721
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36383814@N00/5666484281

--
Bruno