But is it right to say that you still do need to indicate to Hugin how you
would like to projet the images, i.e. what view you want.  In a case where
all the immages have been at an angle,   I've done this by in one image
indcate a straight vertical and horizontal line for hugin to include in
optimization.

Cheers
/O

2011/5/2 Bruno Postle <br...@postle.net>

> On Fri 29-Apr-2011 at 16:34 +0200, Wirz wrote:
>

>> I take photos of graffities a lot: [1]
>>
>> Is there any way to make sure the x-y-ratio of the object and the photo
>> are the same?  I have the impression that it differs a little although
>> my photos match perfectly.  If I understand the mosaic mode correctly
>> this is to be expected -- the single photos do still match if they are
>> all compressed or stretched by the same amount.  The only way to get the
>> correct result would be to take one photo in a direction rectangular to
>> wall and set {X, Y, Z}=0 for this photo.  Do I understand this correctly?
>>

> My experience is that it doesn't matter, Hugin reprojects the photos onto
> an imaginary plane and the proportions of this plane are 'correct'.  i.e.
> Both of these were taken with the camera pointing at an angle to the surface
> for every shot, but they look right to me:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/36383814@N00/5454266721
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/36383814@N00/5666484281
>
> --
> Bruno