Hallo Kay,

how is the wandering in the Alps going?

On May 16, 2011 04:53:36 AM kfj wrote:
> While at it, I also merged the default branch into python_scripting,
> to get python_scripting up to bleeding edge. This was painless and
> needed only one trivial manual intervention. So doing the reverse
> merge should be just as unproblematic.

Now is the right moment to merge the python_scripting branch into default.
Any volunteer to do it?

I propose that after integration of python_scripting we branch out 2011.2 for
release.

> The relevant patch (in this case, a bundle) is, as ever, in my bazaar
> repo:
>
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kfj/+junk/script/view/head:/main/bundle5210
>
> I made this bundle by issuing this command:
>
> hg bundle -r 5210 --base 5080 --base 5209 bundle5210
>
> If it's put into the repo at SF, kindly post a quick line here. I
> haven't done much testing, but since the changes were minuscule, I'm
> quite confident all is well.

It will get more testing when merged into default, and even more in the
release cycle.

> Just a little reminder: there are two big unresolved issues in the
> python_scripting branch
>
> - Mac support is still missing

IIRC this is unobtrusive, i.e. if we were to release 2011.2 right after
merging, Mac users would have the same functionality as 2011.0?

> - parameter passing to Python plugins and/or use of GUI elements by
> plugins is unresolved

this is a bigger one.  I hope that once your code is integrated in default and
released it will attract more users and more developers and eventually
somebody will feel an itch and scratch it.

Yuv