2011/6/2 Gnome Nomad <gnomeno...@gmail.com>

> Bruno Postle wrote:
>
> The batch processor can also identify likely projects from lists of photos,
>> and will queue/process the alignment step as well as stitching.
>>

> Really????

+1 ????
Can you explain this or is there "somewhere" info (link)? I know it can do
the neccessary steps from (almost) start to finish, but can you really drop
multiple series and will it process them? Or do I not understand correctly?

>  The GUI isn't as clear as it could be and it has some superfluous options,
>> but really it is about time it replaced hugin_stitch_project.
>>

> I agree. The main difference that effects me between the two is the fact
> that the batch processor doesn't automatically start processing a job when I
> add it.

I agree more and more about switching to PTBatcher(Gui).

Things that need to be thought about:
1. As Gnome points out: PTBatcherGui doesn't start immediately. Could we add
some commandline switch like "--process_immediately" or whatever sounds
reasonably as parameter.
2. If we make PTBatcherGui start automatically then what do we do with a
PTBatcherGui instance already running on a batch? Finish current project,
insert the "sent from Hugin, stich immediately" project in between, and
continue?
2a. Or do we use PTBatcher (not the Gui) for immediate processing?
3. I know that some users use PTBatcher(Gui) to run on a different machine
from the one they do theirt Hugin Gui work on. How to handle that?

Harry