On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 12:27:19PM -0400, Yuval Levy wrote:

> 2) as Hugin has evolved, threads have become more widely used and
> conflicts more likely.  Revision 4524 (2010-11-04 18:31:15) is as
> far back as I went in my investigations so far looking for the use
> of threads.  This is when the ImageCache was transferred to a
> separate thread, making the application more responsive.  In it
> alone not a problem, but maybe the introduction of later threaded
> features introduced the conflicts that are becoming apparent now.

There have been longstanding bugs that I suspect come from
ImageCache. Crashes, image corruption etc. etc. These are very likely
to change "character" when you move the ImageCache part to a separate
thread. They might suddenly happen all the time when before they
happened only sometimes. Or the other way around. Or a crash might
turn in a corruption, etc etc.

        Roger.

--
** r.e.wo...@bitwizard.nl ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2600998 **
**    Delftechpark 26 2628 XH  Delft, The Netherlands. KVK: 27239233    **