paul womack schrieb am 27.07.11 10:26:
Jan Martin wrote:

in hugin there are the Redo/Undo buttons that work with a kind of
"action list".
I would like to suggest to add a feature to save the "action list".
Then have a button to load that list and replay it step-by-step.
Including switching tabs.
This would be a great tool to teach how to do things, and also help to
remember how one actually build that one really great .pto file. Not
just have the finished .pto file.

I think that anyone making a tutorial could use
the GUI record/play features of their OS.

Any recommendations for Mac OS X?

I think Jan's idea is very interesting in principle, but OTOH that's far beyond what I'd estimate from a feature list of a panorama stitcher. The energy (of the developers and the users alike) is IMHO far better invested in thinking about and creating a GUI that can be used more instinctively.

My favourite would be an interface that simplifies the current list of tabs to a threefold of input / editing / output, aimed at those who prefer a more keyboard based "under the hood" approach. Plus the Fast Preview enhanced to an interface that allows for a very elegant visual (drag and drop?) workflow and would likely supersede the current Assistant tab.

Carl