On August 29, 2011 12:22:17 PM Lukáš Jirkovský wrote:
> I haven't tested it yet, but seems like a bad timing:
> http://lists.pyside.org/pipermail/pyside/2011-August/002816.html
>
> Let's hope pySide development will continue.

If it does not, it is still enough compatible with PyQt to fall back on it.

If you really want to worry: Qt belongs to Nokia and Nokia's erratic moves do
not inspire stability nor confidence.

Nokia is the company that acquired Psion/Symbian in 2008, set it Free in 2009,
took it back again in 2010 and announced end of life for 2016.

During the same time Nokia developed Maemo, a proprietary platform / extension
on top of Debian/Linux.  Merged 2010 into MeeGo, a "strategic alliance" with
Intel that did not even last a full year / product cycle.  Ditched for another
"strategic alliance", this time with Microsoft.

What's next?  And how will it affect Qt, that Nokia owns?  I am not worried.
There are enough examples out there of Free software that survived their
corporate masters gone bezerks.

Yuv