I had the same problem, I simply restarted the computer and the problem was
resolved ... Sebastian
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: RizThon
  To: hugin-ptx@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Monday, October 31, 2011 5:04 AM
  Subject: RE:[hugin-ptx] Hugin - No control points

    On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 16:29, George Mahoney
    <george.thomas.maho...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > While attempting to align images I get a long list of the following
    > error messages...
    >
    > Analysing i1:
    > An error occurred while loading image: Caught exception: Bad
    > allocation
    >
    > Analysing i2:
    > An error occurred while loading image: Caught exception: Bad
    > allocation
    >
    > It happens to each photo and the end result is that no control points
    > are found between any images, no matter how seemingly obvious the
    > images are overlapped. I'm running 64 bit windows 7. I've reinstalled
    > hugin to no avail, and tried several different control point settings.
    > Am I missing something?

  I have the same issue here (except there's no error with the 1st images, only
after 7 or 8). I'm also running Win7 64 (i3 2100, 4GB RAM). I've tried several
hugin installers (latest one being 2011.02 64 bits). I always use the default
settings (and ask the settings to be reset while installing a new version).

    I'll ask some questions, maybe we can find a solution:
    - What kind of images are you trying to align?

  My images are all 3872x2592 (taken with FF fisheye). Usually if I have 7 or 8
images all works fine (I load the images, choose FF fisheye then click
"Align..." and get a good pano). If I have more I get
  Analysing ix:
  An error occurred while loading image: Caught exception: Bad allocation
  for the next pictures.

  If I resize my pics to be 1000x669 then I can correctly stitch 24 images (8
towards the horizon, 8 30° up, 8 30° down).
  By the way, is there a way to reuse the pto that I created with the smaller
resolution images? It looks like when I choose "Apply Template" with the big
resolution images, I lose all the control points.

    - Could you provide us with a sample set of your images, so we can
    test ourselves?

  I can send you the pics if necessary.

    - I remember seeing recent posts on the mailing list where users
    seemed to have troubles with windows 7, are you using a beta or an
    official release version?

  I've been using Hugin before with XP and didn't encounter that issue (I was
using a different computer).

  eMail ist virenfrei.
  Von AVG überprüft - www.avg.de
  Version: 2012.0.1834 / Virendatenbank: 2092/4584 - Ausgabedatum: 30.10.2011