This [erect2cubic] looks like something I was seeking in this post:

"So [n]ow that I've used Hugin to make my panorama . . . "
http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx/browse_thread/thread/60765f882c51ce5a

How would you suggest one get started with learning to use scripts?
It seems like quite a leap for a poor little Mac user (although I do
have some basic programming experience (last quarter of the 20th
century!)
--John


On Nov 9, 5:23 am, "Carlos Eduardo G. Carvalho (Cartola)"
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Yeah, that's great. I figured it out when I used the script erect2cubic
> (made by Bruno by the way) and opened the created .pto file in hugin. It
> just puts the equirectangular picture 6 times into a hugin project file and
> then you can render the cube faces. I guess this is a great and fundamental
> trick for editing nadir and zenith. Maybe hugin could have the cubic output
> format as an option. I guess it would be quite easy to do and much useful,
> at least for me and those who make full sphere panos. It took me some time
> to discover that.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Carlos E G Carvalho (Cartola)http://cartola.org/360
>
> 2011/11/9 Gnome Nomad <[email protected]>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > Bruno Postle wrote:
>
> >  So what I do is pick a photo that has a good chunk of sky or ground and
> >> load it again in the project - A Hugin project can have several instances
> >> of a single photo in different places, with different masks.
>
> > I didn't know that! Useful.
>
> > --
> > Gnome Nomad
> > [email protected]
> > wandering the landscape of god
> >http://www.cafepress.com/**otherend/<http://www.cafepress.com/otherend/>
>
> > --
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> > "Hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
> > A list of frequently asked questions is available at:
> >http://wiki.panotools.org/**Hugin_FAQ<http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ>
> > To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to hugin-ptx+unsubscribe@**
> > googlegroups.com <hugin-ptx%[email protected]>
> > For more options, visit this group athttp://groups.google.com/**
> > group/hugin-ptx <http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: 
http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx

Reply via email to