TIFF file format will not support images larger than 4GB
Note that intermediate files are also subject to this limit so you may
find it hard to produce TIFF outputs above 3GB. The largest file size
I obtained was 3.4GB but the image was badly messed up and unusable. I
ended up settling for a 2.8GB version of this project as the highest
resolution.

So, I recommend that you try other file formats.

Another consideration is that you will need a lot of RAM to stitch
panoramas larger than 4GB. 64 bit windows will be necessary to get
above the 3.5GB RAM limitation.
However if you do choose 64 bit windows and plan to create HDR images,
be aware that EXR file format is broken on windows 64bit, leaving you
with no options to create HDR images larger than 4GB. This translates
into about 1.5GB max size image once it is tonemapped.
This is why I am moving to a Linux 64 bit platform (not quite there
yet).