On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 09:04:22AM -0200, Carlos Eduardo G. Carvalho (Cartola)
wrote:
> > If any of the people affected by the 'bug' have compile capability,
> > they can try and simply seed the rng with, say, 23 and see if the
> > problem persists

I'd say: Don't seed the RNG at all. That way, to the program the
random number generator will still produce "random" results, but the
random numbers will be the same sequence every time the program is
run.

(Seeding with 23 works just as well, don't worry).

For testing/debugging, it might be useful to add an option that
controls the seeding:
default:
        --seed=0
(seed with the value zero or don't seed. These are probably the same).

you can seed with a specific value like this:
        --seed=<value>

or you can seed with the time:
        --seed=time
or with /dev/random:
        --seed=random

        Roger.

--
** r.e.wo...@bitwizard.nl ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2600998 **
**    Delftechpark 26 2628 XH  Delft, The Netherlands. KVK: 27239233    **