On Wednesday, September 5, 2012 6:41:20 PM UTC-4, Yuv wrote:

> I'm on Precise Pangolin, using Firefox 15, on a two years old Intel
> Core ULV.  It works, but panning is very jerky (and I did not even try
> full screen).  Can you measure / display FPS?

It wouldn't be difficult to measure FPS. I'm currently working on rewriting
the rendering functions to improve performance and will probably add a FPS
display so I can compare the performance.

> Also: can you detect if the interaction is with a mouse or with a
> touch device? as it is now I find the interaction with a mouse counter-
> intuitively inverse, but it is great with a touch pad.

As far as I know, there is no way to determine if a mouse or touch pad is
being used. I went with the current control method since most web users
should be familiar with it from web-based maps. I'm still undecided as to
whether I want to keep it or switch to a "joystick" like control scheme.

> On a very recent version of Firefox for Android it seems to load the
> image but does not display it.  On the browser built into Android
> 4.0.4 it shows a message saying that A browser supporting WebGL is
> required.

Most mobile devices have smaller maximum texture sizes for WebGL, so
Pannellum won't work if the image is too big (I have the same problem on my
Android tablet). I plan on eventually adding image pyramid support to
progressively load higher resolutions, which will address the inability to
show loading progress as well as allow higher resolution panoramas to be
displayed on devices that do not support large textures. In addition, I'm
still working on touch screen controls, so at the moment, even if the image
was displayed, one would not have been able to pan.

-Matthew