I tried it on my Xperia phone, and although (unlike my iPad) I can see the
panorama image, I can’t get it to realise that I’m pushing or prodding or
stroking the panorama, so it doesn’t move.

I’ve been looking around a bit, and found this:
http://coding.smashingmagazine.com/2012/04/17/beercamp-an-experiment-with-css-3d/
which, through all the incomprehensible technical nerdy mumbo-jumbo for
those computer programmer types, suggests using the gyroscope on ipads
(although the pannellum doesn’t seem to work on my ipad). I’m not sure if
my android Xperia Arc S phone has a gyroscope, but it has an accelerometer,
and this might be a good input method for “panning” a pano, where there’s
no trackpad or mouse.

--
*Ian Tindale*