I added my images and, in the popup on add, set to equirectangular and hfov
of 360. Then I added control points and used the optimize tab to optimize
positions only.

Nona with gpu refused to output remapped images. Turning off gpu output
'properly'. (that is, the gl preview did show the same poorly projected
output)