2013/1/12 JohnPW <johnpwatk...@gmail.com>

> Anybody use CHDK? How do you like it? What is your experience with it?
>
> I was thinking of buying a little used Cannon ELPH and loading this on it
> to use as an inexpensive pocketable camera that can be used for snapshots
> or bracketed images enfused images and/or panos. From my search, it seems
> there is little mention of it here, which surprised me.
>
> Thanks,
> John

I use it on my S5IS. I have a feeling that it reduces battery life,
although they swear it doesn't and it is true I don't really see why it
would. It is also so rich that I refrain from using the possibilities
because it takes so much time exploring the menus to find what is there.
But there are a few features which I really like so that I keep it,
especially the zebra mode, and the ability to chose what information is
displayed on the screen. Also, it is easy to revert back to the Canon
standard ROM : just switch the SD lock and voilà! I don't use it for
bracketing simply because my S5IS already has it in the standard menus, but
there are special bracketing modes which I never use: focus bracketing and
ISO bracketing. Now that I think of it, I should use ISO bracketing
sometimes... This is just an illustration of the main problem with CHDK: so
many features that you easily miss interesting ones.

--
Frederic Da Vitoria
(davitof)

http://www.april.org