I have experienced exactly the same behavior as Brian.

2013/5/19 kfj <_...@yahoo.com>

> On Sunday, May 19, 2013 8:57:47 AM UTC+2, smib wrote:
>
>> Getting a little further. Message is now basically:
>>

>>> matching pair (0, 1) failed with TypeError: "float() argument must be a
>>> string or a number"
>>>
>>> stack traceback
>>>
>> first of all, I can't quite figure out why there is no stack trace. Must
> be something different in the mechanics between py3k and py2.x. The stack
> trace would really help... mind you the uses of float() in woa are few and
> far between and I suppose the problem is still somewhere in
> get_tiff_offset() (there are for float() calls just right in it) and it may
> well be something non-trivial. I never liked that routine - wrote it
> because I couldn't find a better way to obtain the cropped TIFF's crop data.

Please find woa output including the stack trace below:

c:\Users\dbenes\Pictures\2013-03-30_prace>"\Program
Files\Hugin\share\hugin\data\plugins\woa.py" --verbose test.pto
checking for availability of tiffdump
checking for availability of nona
checking for availability of cpfind
main: parameters used for this run:
ceiling: 1.0
exclude: []
focus:   None
images:  []
margin:  0
output:  None
scale:   0.25
stop:    None
thresh:  0.0
prolific False
ptofile: test.pto
verbose: True
found 2 images in panorama
image 0: IMG_1866.JPG
image 1: IMG_1867.JPG
processing image set [0, 1]
examining image pair (0, 1)
overlap area: 4298493.88568717 pixels
overlap ratio: 0.2855319481169525
overlap area: 4368892.844165321 pixels
overlap ratio: 0.2902082724980578
setting subpano width to 2830
creating warped overlap images with woa_base.pto
cp detection: cpfind ['--fullscale', '--sieve2size', '5', '--ransacmode',
'hom', '-o', 'woa_warped.pto', '_woa_warped.pto']
CPG found 70 CPs
matching pair (0, 1) failed with TypeError: "float() argument must be a
string or a number"
stack traceback:
  File "C:\Program Files\Hugin\share\hugin\data\plugins\woa.py", line 1751,
in process_image_set
    cps_added = cps_from_overlap ( pano , *pair )
  File "C:\Program Files\Hugin\share\hugin\data\plugins\woa.py", line 1617,
in cps_from_overlap
    xoff1 , yoff1 = get_tiff_offset ( nona_output[0] )
  File "C:\Program Files\Hugin\share\hugin\data\plugins\woa.py", line 255,
in get_tiff_offset
    xres = float ( gleaned.get ( 'XResolution' ) )

I'm using Hugin 2013.0.0 beta1 built by Matthew Petroff and Python 3.2 on
Windows 8.

Regards
David