On Sun 08-Dec-2013 at 11:12 -0800, Johannes Wienke wrote:

if I stitch a panorama with Hugin, the FOV is automatically calculated and inserted into the image exif data. However, it seems this does not reflect the crop chosen inside hugin. Is there a chance to get the numbers for the selected crop? Otherwise I have no idea how to parametrize panorama viewers to correctly show my panoramas.

There is a reason for this, the default TIFF output is the full size of the canvas, the cropped area just represents the part of the canvas that has visible data. JPEG doesn't support the offset parameters needed to do this, so you just get the cropped area.

For this JPEG output, figuring out the horizontal angle for cropped equirectangular panoramas is simply:

   panorama angle of view * crop pixel width / panorama pixel width

The vertical angle is similar, but unless your crop is exactly in the middle or full height you will get strange results.

There is a tool in Panotools::Script called pto2gpano that does all these calculations to tag arbitrary cropped partial panoramas as Google 'photospheres'.

--
Bruno