Hello Carlos,

On Thu, 20 Feb 2014 13:14:12 +1100, Carlos Eduardo G. Carvalho (Cartola) <cartol...@gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

Maybe there can be some parallax, but I really believe it is very small,
based on what I've seen in another set of images with the same equipment,
where I specifically tried to evaluate it, and also in the fact that I am
being able to stitch it very well when doing the manual process - just need those manual CPs in the bottom of the images.

Follows another PTO of the same 2 images sent before, optimized with manual CPs, where the result is quite good IMHO.

Yes, that all works out very well, Much better than I managed here.
On this result I would agree that parallax isn't the issue.

Attached is also a crop of two images from a similar set (made with same
cam+lens+head+tripod) where I tried to evaluate the parallax. it makes
sense, but I think there is very few.

Also will maybe try with other set of images produced with a very well
calibrated equipment to see if the problem of detecting at the bottom will also happen.

OK.
It might be useful to try a couple of test sets, one set with a similarly spare set of features near the edges, and one set which has a good set of features in those regions

Cheers,
--
Regards,
Terry Duell