Why is nobody reading the help?

> 2) What is the option --link?
>
> I haven't used this, but think it is used to create stacks.

It links image variables, like hfov, image distortion a, b, c,.. - as one
the Photos tab (or the old lens tab).
See http://wiki.panotools.org/Pto_var
For creating stacks there is pto_lensstack
http://wiki.panotools.org/Pto_lensstack

I am specifying a FOV of 95 as this was the value after a good manual

Switch --projection? http://wiki.panotools.org/Pto_gen

> 3) I am also trying to find a way to spread the control points. Usually
> cpfind is not finding points in the bottom of the images. They are wide
> fish-eye lens, don't know if this is the reason, but I've always had this
> result in the GUI too. Usually I use manual CPs. Is it possible to split
> the image (thought about imagemagick) to use cpfind on them and then remap
> the CPs in a script?
>
> The splitting can be problematic. When supplying cropped images the
remapping to stereographic goes wrong, if the wrong/not correctly chosen
lens parameters are given. This happens in your example: the first pto file
supplies a hfov of 77 deg (or a focal length of 31 mm; and this for a 10-17
mm lens) and does not account for the cropping with d/e parameters. So
cpfind is not able for correctly remap the images to stereographic and
therefore the cp finding goes wrong. This is clearly a case of garbage in -
garbage out.
When using better lens parameters (like in your second pto file, correct
hfov and take cropping into account), cpfind is able to detect 5 cp (ok, if
finds 8 cp, 3 cp are disregarded by the RANSAC step, so 5 remains)

So the log output for default parameters:
--- Find matches ---
i0 <> i1 : Find Matches...
i0 <> i1 : Found 8 matches.
i0 <> i1 : RANSAC Filtering with Panorama model...
i0 <> i1 : Removed 3 matches. 5 remaining.
i0 <> i1 : Too few matches ... removing all of them.
i0 <> i1 : Clustering matches...

If you want to keep these five cp, add --minmatches=3 to the command line
and cpfind will add 5 cp to your project.

Thomas

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/257fe6e8-7e84-4389-a8fd-327f514fc0d0%40googlegroups.com.