Hi,

I have posted
recently<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/hugin-ptx/Command$20line$20to$20optimize$20like$20GUI/hugin-ptx/tbmN9c_LWWg/Ck_B17jX9qMJ>a
try to automate panorama creation with scripts (I did it in unix shell
script) and I tried to deal with this kind of problem. In my experience
cpfind didn't spread very well the CPs and I was trying to guarantee that
it would find CPs at the extreme parts of the image to avoid this kind of
problem. To solve it I have used imagemagick to split the original image
and use the image parts I wanted it to find CPs at. Much like what Terry
told that hugin is gonna do and that PTGui already does for some time, but
I tried to automate it with some success results at the end, but the script
got a little complex.

Don't know if you can do a windows script, but if you (or other one) want
we can talk about it. My case is just a little different, because I don't
think my DIY head is so completely, perfectly, precisely set up. I think it
is a little out of axis when rotating vertically - probably the bent L base
I did is not perfectly at 90ยบ. From my experience with NN4, the NPP needs
to be very precisely set (one millimeter can make difference) to get a
perfect result.

Cheers,

Carlos E G Carvalho (Cartola)
http://cartola.org/360