> So changing focus while shooting a panorama is not a good idea.

I did not know about it :)

However it means there was nothing wrong with my home made bracket on the
ball head and also I was right saying it was something strange because  the
problem used to appear far away from the nodal point - for example the
horizon was not stitched incorrectly etc etc.

Happy days - problem finally sorted! :)

--
Erik Krause
http://www.erik-krause.de