Hello Forex,

On Tue, 09 Jun 2015 00:43:37 +1000, Forex Valdes <cvaldes...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks Terry
Let me see if I got it right. I am using equirectangular.
I was thinking that you need to remove distorsion before you project to
equirectangular so the images to be projected have straight lines and not
curved, and no fish eye effect. But you say you project to equirectangular and the projection will help to remove the fisheye effect? or you do two
steps in one projecting and removing distorsion?

Yes, changing the projection can remove fisheye distortion, but are you referring to lens distortion as well? If yes, then you need to have calibration data for your lens, or stitch overlapping images from the lens so that hugin can derive the lens parameters and make the correction.

If I see my original pictures they show distorsion - straight lines are
curved. My end goal is to have a nice equirectangular panorama with
straight lines. Thanks again

If you want straight lines to be straight, then rectilinear projection is required for that, but it is really only usable for angles of view less than about 120 degrees. Greater than that and the image becomes distorted. Load your image into hugin, ensuring you define the correct projection type and FOV if hugin asks for that, and then view the image in the Fast Panorama preview window. You can alter the projection in the projection tab.

have a look here <http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/image-projections.htm> for info on projections, and there are probably many other sites as well. Have you looked at the hugin tutorials at <http://hugin.sourceforge.net/tutorials/index.shtml> ?
They may help your understanding of how to use hugin.

Cheers,
--
Regards,
Terry Duell