Hi, I had a very similar issue with my situation of a full Moon (right at
the top end of white) over a foreground city (very dark) 12 EV difference
(6 frames X 2EV diff)

Here are my enfsue settings:
exposure 1; saturation 0, contrast 0, mu 0.2, sigma 0.2. Although this is a
tad dark,  in post I gamma 1.3, contrast 5, and light 3 to render nicely
the dark images, and barely affects the light images (of which 4 of the 6
images in the bracket are overexposed).

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lGXuQf8Q5nk/V3r5y6JnM8I/AAAAAAAAASc/W4kXqlaqRaAdAsEdzaUh8Ev-p8OGEus-gCLcB/s1600/final_small.jpg>

Ideally, I am thinking it would be nice to have some form of gamma weight
built directly to enfuse, to minimize the whites blowing out while bringing
up the darks.

By the way, the gray on the floor, if I have it right, is actually a
reflection of the sky, much bluer than anything else in the image, because
it is not blown out (clipped). One of those things that the brain just
ignores or accepts but stands out in a bad way in an image.

Regards,
Alister.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/2994645b-9b1b-46fc-8a50-4edc5c1aa8ad%40googlegroups.com.