On Tuesday, 12 July 2016 17:45:08 UTC+2, T. Modes wrote:

> Am Dienstag, 12. Juli 2016 12:10:32 UTC+2 schrieb namklim:
>>
>> I looked at the Hugin_2015 version and found there were various DLLs in
>> the Hugin directory (including vcomp110, vcomp120, msvcp120 and msvcr120)
>> which were not in the Hugin 2016 distribution.
>>
>> It would seem sensible to include all the necessary DLLs in the final
>> release version.
>>

> All necessary DLLs **are* *included in the installer. All files from the
> redistributable files are now installed in the Windows folder, and not in
> the Hugin directory. So other programs can they also use.
>
> AFAIK Hugin would complain about missing DLL.
>
> So I don't know whats wrong on your side.
> Maybe something with write access to windows folder? Or an anti-virus or
> other security program has interfered with/blocked the installation.

I bought a new SSD to update a PC and built 64-bit Win 7 SP1 on it from an
OEM disk. I allowed all the initial 119 (?) patches to install and then,
before installing any other updates or programs, I installed Hugin 2016.2
RC 1. It failed with an error that it could not find
api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll

Api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is a component of Visual C++
Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 and, after I installed that, Hugin
ran without problems.

A quick search shows the lack of that DLL seems to be a problem with a lot
of new program installs.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/e9895d43-99dd-4059-a31e-004c5976f0cf%40googlegroups.com.