On 07/22/2016 11:57 AM, Donald Johnston wrote:

On Jul 22, 2016, at 12:45 PM, Stefan Hoffmeister
<stefan.hoffmeis...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

TIFF files produced by the latest version Capture One 8.3 cannot be
processed in Hugin, the panorama editor
(http://hugin.sourceforge.net/) - in this case this is with 2016.2
RC1.

Every TIFF produced by Capture One yields the following messages in
Hugin

Warning: TIFFDecoder: no TIFFTAG_SAMPLEFORMAT or TIFFTAG_DATATYPE,
guessing pixeltype '

and following that

An error happened while loading image : caught exception:
std::bad_alloc

upon trying to find control points in Hugin (Hugin's CPFind).

Steps: - take any two raws - produce 16 bit TIFF from it - import
both TIFFs into Hugin - find control points //exp: yields results
//act: hugin fails to find control points

I have uploaded one sample TIFF file (90 MB) at
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByH5SmhVPMAQTG93TEkybmxrdkk/view?usp=sharing

I cannot tell anything about the root cause of this - it might be Capture One writing bad data, or Hugin reading too restrictive / bad?

Advice on how to proceed is greatly appreciated :)

I get a similar error (except for the ‘UNIT 16’ at the end).

Warning: TIFFDecoder: no TIFFTAG_SAMPLEFORMAT or TIFFTAG_DATATYPE,
guessing pixeltype ‘UINT16’.

My tiff files were created by DxO OpticsPro. The find control points
works fine and the output from hugin is fine. So, I don’t think the
problem you’re having is related to the "Warning: TIFFDecoder: …”.

I did not get a “caught exception”.

I get a similar warning about missing TIFFTAG_SAMPLEFORMAT. I produce my TIFF files using Raw Therapee on Linux.

It also doesn't hinder finding control points or generating output.

--
David W. Jones
gnomeno...@gmail.com