I have attached a test image in original 1000x1000 pixels and a 4 tiles
cut with 800x800 pixels:
T00.tif: TrX 0 TrY 0 [pix].
T01.tif: TrX 200 TrY 0 [pix].
T02.tif: TrX 0 TrY 200 [pix].
T03.tif: TrX 200 TrY 200 [pix].
I want to show 4 issues:

   1. On site *Optimizer* in table *Image Orientation*, column *Trx*, *TrY*,
   *TrZ* show only rounded to integer values.
   2. On site *Stitcher*, edit fields *Horizontal* and *Vertical* show only
   rounded to integer values.
   3. On site *Stitcher*, button *Calculate field of view*: Calculate for
   *Vertical* a value that is *Horizontal*-1 (this is reported on my first
   post).
   4. For the correct values, you have to reduce the images FoV. Smaller
   values result in more accuracy. But values <1.0 does not support by all
   panotools. This is perhaps not a bug, but I cannot find any better
   settings, which operate independently of FoV.

*Step by step instructions to reproduce the issues*

Per default the *-–fullscale* option for *cpfind.exe* is not set. Without
this option *cpfind* work not correct (find lesser CPs and misplace this).
In the following, I assume that this has been set. Look at *Files* |
*Preferences* | *site Control Point Detectors* | *Hugin’s CPFind (Default)*.

I have saved the resulting state in the file v10.pto. You can leave out the
following steps by simply loading this file.

   - Open hugin, switch to Expert Interface
   - With Add images.. load the 4 images T00.tif..T03.tif. Enter in HFOV
   (v): 10
   - Right Click in image table, for rows/images 1..3, Popup menu: Lens
   |New lens
   - Select *Optimise* – *Geometric*: Custom parameter
   - Select *Optimise* – *Photometric*: Custom parameter
   - On *Optimiser* tab: Select *TrX* and *TrY* and unselect all other
   parameters
   - On *Exposure* tab: Unselect all parameters
   - On *Stitcher* tab: Select *Projection*: Rectilinear
   - On *Photos* tab: Click *Create control points* button (this creates
   6x25=150 CPs)
   - On Optimiser tab, click the *Optimise now!* button. The result is not
   show in the table, because Trx and TrY is rounded to an integer! (Issue 1).

Now to the error, reported on my first post:

   - On Stitcher tab, click the *Calculate field of view* button: Hugin
   calculated: *Horizontal*: 15 *Vertical*: 14 (Issue 3)
   - Click *Calculate optimal size*, Hugin calculate *Width*: 1204 *Height*
   1123 (Issue 3 & 4)
   - Click *Fit crop to images*, Hugin calculate *Left*: 201 *Top*: 161
   *Right*: 1202 * Bottom* 1123 (Issue 3 & 4)
   - Save as v10err1.pto

Click *Stitch!* and look at the generated image: It size is 1001x962
pixels, has left and right a one pixel margin and the red crosses have
shadows. The vertical error is significant greater as in X direction.

Now we correct issue 3:

   - Enter *Vertical* 15
   - Click *Calculate optimal size*, Hugin calculate *Width*: 1204 *Height*
   1204 (Issue 4)
   - Click *Fit crop to images*, Hugin calculate *Left*: 201 *Top*: 201
   (Issue 4) *Right*: 1203 * Bottom:* 1203 (Issue 4)
   - Save as v10err2.pto

Click *Stitch!* and look at the generated image: It size is 1001x1001
pixels. It has on all sites a one pixel margin. The red crosses are OK.

Now let us reduce the Issue 5:

   - Load v1.pto this is the same as v10.pto but the images has HFOV (v)=1
   - On *Stitcher* tab, click the *Calculate field of view* button: Hugin
   calculated: *Horizontal*: 1.5 *Vertical*: 0.5 but show 2 and 1 (Issue 2)
   - Enter *Vertical*: 1.5, *Horizontal*: 1.5
   - Click *Calculate optimal size*, Hugin calculate *Width*: 1200 *Height*
   1200
   - Click *Fit crop to images*, Hugin calculate *Left*: 200 *Top*: 200
   *Right*: 1200 * Bottom*: 1200
   - Save as v1ok.pto

Click *Stitch!* and look at the generated image: Now we have the expected
result!

The current pano_modify.exe has the same issues. I think hugin using this
program or the same source code. If is fixed then

pano_modify.exe --projection=0 --fov=AUTO --canvas=AUTO --crop=AUTO -o out.pto
in.pto
provides the correct values to the p line in out.pto.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/70df381b-0ff9-4eaf-9f8d-cd5b43d1cc93%40googlegroups.com.