I think it's worth adding a few points to follow up my previous post.

The problem with my own Moto G3 mobile phone seems to be that its camera
produces an Exif file that contains enough to suppress the 'Camera and Lens
data'
window that is shown on first loading images with no Exif file, but not enough
to allow the real field of view to be determined. Specifically, I suspect that
it lacks
information on the focal-plane resolution that is needed to allow the sensor
size in pixels to be converted into linear dimensions in say millimetres. Under
those
circumstances Hugin apparently uses the focal length from the Exif file (3.64
mm in my case) and applies a default crop factor of 1. That does indeed yield
the
field of view of 156 degrees I met and which is so unhelpfully large that it
suppresses the finding of any control points at all.

I have some sympathy with the comment from Greg 'groggy' Lehey (Thu 02 Feb 2017
at 07:26:04) that 'there still seems to be something missing'. The main
thing missing is an Exif file for the original photos. Perhaps there was one,
but Adam stripped it out, possibly because it contained confidential
information about,
say, location. If it had contained only partial information, he might well have
found Hugin's CPfind utility failed to find any control points. After all, that
is what
happened to me and is why, in the absence of anything more definite to the
contrary, I am prepared to take Adam's subject-line 'CPfind creates few or no
control
points' literally.

One would then have to assume that he never loaded the Exif-free versions into
Hugin, because, if he had, he would have met the 'Camera and Lens data'
window. Just cancelling it without entering anything is enough to get the
control-point finder off the ground, because Hugin - in the cases I tried -
allotted the
images what I take to be its ultimate default, a field-of-view of 50 degrees.
Or you could press Escape to close the window and simply create a few control
points
by hand to give Hugin something to work on.

Roger Broadie

Message Received: Feb 01 2017, 07:35 PM