On Mon 08-May-2017 at 08:12 -0700, Thomas Modes wrote:
Am Sonntag, 7. Mai 2017 23:26:21 UTC+2 schrieb Bruno Postle:

Fedora now uses Wayland by default instead of X11 (wayland-1.12.0), if I
switch back to X11 then Hugin seems to be fine.  Not sure how to debug
this, is anyone else using Hugin on Wayland?

This is probably a wxWidgets problem. Also the OpenGL sample of wxwidgets
crashes with Wayland.
See ticket http://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/17702 , it contains a very
similar backtrace.
So this crash needs to be fixed upstreams.

Yes looks like it isn't going to get fixed soon.

Not sure how to handle this. (What was different in the last version? Did
this one work with Wayland?)

The existing hugin-2016.2.0 package is linked to wxGTK-2.8.12 and gtk2-2.24.31 and continues to work fine on Wayland. I haven't tried rebuilding this for wxGTK3 to see if it has the same problem.

A page linked from the ticket above offers a workaround, I can get the beta1 Hugin to work with wxGTK3 and Wayland like this:

 GDK_BACKEND=x11 hugin

Further, I can put this hack in the hugin.desktop file:

 Exec=env GDK_BACKEND=x11 hugin %f

This even allows launching the Batch Processor from Hugin and vice-versa, but it doesn't feel like a great solution.

--
Bruno