Howdy -- I'm attempting a pano made of 14 images (~10mm on a 1.62x APS-C).
CPFind doesn't find CPs well unless I drag the images to a rough correct
overlap, so I do that first.

Then CPFind finds the CPs, I remove some CPs from the clouds, and
optimization (Pos/Trans/View/Barrel) does a good job. (~average error of 10
pixels.)

Now the panosphere looks perfect, but the preview pane exhibits some kind
of odd clipping. In this demo image you can see
<http://caseyconnor.org/pub/image/hugin/panotestissue.png> that the
panosphere wraps around perfectly with properly aligned images, but the
preview window is cut off (approx 180 degree HFOV). This is also how the
image exports when stitched.

If I try to drag individual images around the panosphere, "strange" things
happen. Sometimes the images become gradually clipped as they move
<http://caseyconnor.org/pub/image/hugin/panotestissue3.png> in the
panosphere, but appear normal in the preview pane. Sometimes the opposite
happens: images look fine in the panosphere, but clip in the preview pane
<http://caseyconnor.org/pub/image/hugin/panotestissue4.png>.

What am I missing?

Here are the optimized parameters
<http://caseyconnor.org/pub/image/hugin/panotestissue2.png>.

...doesn't look too crazy, right?

Thanks for any ideas!

---------

Operating System: Linux 4.13.0-46-generic x86_64
Architecture: 64 bit
Free memory: 4812004 kiB

Hugin
Version: 2018.1.0.aac6fbdf0772
Path to resources: /usr/share/hugin/xrc/
Path to data: /usr/share/hugin/data/
Hugins camera and lens database: /home/casey/.hugindata/camlens.db
Multi-threading using C++11 std::thread and OpenMP

Libraries
wxWidgets: wxWidgets 3.0.3
wxWidgets Library (wxGTK port)
Version 3.0.3 (Unicode: wchar_t, debug level: 1),
Runtime version of toolkit used is 2.24.
Compile-time GTK+ version is 2.24.31.

libpano13: 2.9.19
Boost: 1.62.0
Exiv2: 0.25